- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the blood orange oil, grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan very well. Set aside.
- Chop cranberries in half and toss with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, remaining one cup of sugar, baking soda and salt together. Fold in cranberries. Make a well in the center and add buttermilk, orange juice, oil, egg, and balsamic. Gently stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When bread is taken out of oven, release the edges with a butter knife immediately to prevent any sticking. Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in pan before inverting on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While bread is cooling, prepare glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk confectioners sugar, orange juice, melted butter and cranberry pear balsamic until smooth. Add more or less orange juice for a thinner or thicker glaze. Pour over cooled bread.
*The bread will stay fresh for up to 6 days stored in an air tight container at room temperature.