- Adjust oven rack to the highest position and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Thoroughly whisk the olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl (big enough to hold the butternut squash).
- Toss the butternut squash in the mixture to coat well. Once coated, arrange the squash in a single layer on a shallow, foil lined baking sheet.
- Liberally season the squash with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the edges turn golden brown.
Toasted Pumpkin Seed & Sage Pesto
- In the bowl of a food processor or jar of a blender, add the sage leaves, 1/3 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and cheese.
- Process until the paste is fine in consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the butternut squash on a platter by placing the sticks in tall stacks.
- Drizzle the pesto over the butternut squash, followed by the reserved toasted pumpkin seeds, and the reserved cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!